Laser Vision Correction
Give your eyes the best care possible and change your life. Glasses and contact lenses will finally become history.
- We have more than 20 years of experience during which we have performed over 200,000 surgical procedures
- We perform a very thorough examination before each surgery
- We treat refractive errors with all the methods available and we always choose the best method and the one most suitable for your eyes
- The price of laser surgery is currently very reasonable – sharp vision is not financially demanding any more
People are different and so are their eyes. The Lexum Eye Clinic is the only eye clinic in the Czech Republic that provides a truly complete set of treatments for refractive errors, including the latest ones, such as the ReLEx Smile procedure.
With our special individualised programmes, we can remove even the slightest optical imperfections to improve the visual acuity of our clients and ensure their complete satisfaction with our services.
IS LASER SURGERY
APPROPRIATE FOR ME?
Laser surgeries are suitable for treating refractive errors ranging from: 8.0 dpt up to + 5.0 dpt and in case of astigmatism up to 6.0 dpt cyl. In exceptional cases, errors beyond the specified range can be treated as well. . However, laser surgeries are not suitable for treatment of presbyopia.
So, what can you expect at the Lexum Eye Clinic?
- We will schedule a comprehensive initial examination for you.
- During the examination, our physician will recommend the best possible treatment according to your vision preferences.
- At Lexum, we provide all kinds of treatment methods and you can be sure we will choose the one that is best for you.
- The initial examination takes approximately 3 hours.
- Since dilating drops will be applied to your eyes, we do not recommend driving for several hours after the examination.
- Please do not wear contact lenses for 7 days before the examination.
- After the initial examination, we will offer you a surgery date; you should undergo the surgery within 2 months of the examination (the period of validity of the examination results).
- The surgery itself only takes a few minutes and is completely pain-free.
- Follow-up checks take place on the next day and then after 2 months and a year, respectively.
If you want to receive our Guide to Laser Surgery and understand how laser eye surgery at our clinic works step by step, submit your e-mail address below:
What method of laser surgery is the best?
You have surely heard that newer, better and less invasive procedures are now available. But which one is truly the best?
We have been providing care for our clients’ eyesight since 1993. Our 20 years of experience in the industry leads us to believe that there is no single, universal or ideal procedure suitable for all our clients. It is best if the clinic uses a large number of various modern methods and proven treatment procedures. Thus, the physician can choose the best method “tailored” to each patient. Only in this way can a perfect result of the surgery be achieved.
One cannot say that ReLEx Smile, the latest method of treatment, is undeniably better than Femto Lasik. Surface procedures such as PRK or Lasek are definitely not obsolete, and, for many patients, may be more suitable than the latest methods. Therefore, we approach each patient individually, and always according to their needs and requirements.
Our team of professionals make use of the latest Visumax femtosecond laser made by Carl Zeiss, which enables us to perform laser operations with maximum accuracy and with hardly any actual physical contact with the eye.
The Femto Lasik method is the standard procedure. It combines precision with the perfection of using two lasers simultaneously, a femtosecond laser, which creates the protective corneal flap, and an excimer laser, which makes it possible to treat both significant and also the slightest of refractive defects (aberrations). The visual acuity is thus improved more than ever before.
ReLEx Smile, one of our latest unique procedures, enables an extraordinarily gentle eye operation while ensuring precision even in the correction of high refractive errors. The operation is performed using a single femtosecond laser, with no need to create and fold back the protective flap of the cornea.